We're excited to bring you Fwd:Museum's second issue Small -2017!
Call for Submissions 2017
Fwd: Museums Journal - Small
Recognizing the need for reimagining and critically transforming museums and our cultural work within (inside and outside; within or in connection to) their spaces, Fwd: Museums invites you to submit artwork, essays, creative writing, interviews, poetry, love letters, and other experimental forms to analyze, critique, and make space for new thinking about museums and exhibitions.
The theme for our next issue centers around the word “Small.”
Keeping in mind the shadows that can often be cast by larger institutions and the prevailing need to break down “traditional” museum practices, tell us what Small means to you: the struggles, the triumphs, and the everyday experiences…
Possible topics include:
- Your experiences of visiting or working in small spaces
- Unpacking the meaning and practice of engagement
- Sustainability and longevity of a space or program
- Smaller positions within larger institutions
- Times when you have felt small
- Changing dynamics or tensions within small spaces
- The impact of small ideas in a culture that is preoccupied with bigness
- Provoking the concept of scale in art
- Downsizing (Collections, Staff…)
- Who decides what the right size is?
Fwd: Museums hosted a book launch for Small as part of the "Open Studios" event
Contributors from Small who presented their works during the book launch: Jane Darcovich, Georgina Valverde, and Silvia Gonzalez